To: Marijuana Industry Members
The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) has recently updated the list of pesticides that are allowed for use in marijuana production in Washington State, based on criteria previously established by WSDA. In addition, WSDA has recently updated the criteria to clarify the allowable post-harvest uses of pesticides in marijuana production.
The WSDA has added 19 pesticides to the list of allowable products, and has removed 17 pesticides because the registrations for their distribution in Washington were voluntarily cancelled, or because the labels were no longer consistent with WSDA criteria.
Please check your stock of pesticides against the list to ensure that you are using an allowed product. Marijuana growers can continue to use any existing stocks of the 17 pesticides that were removed from the list, but no new product can be purchased.
Pesticides containing 3 new active ingredients [Capric (decanoic) acid, Caprylic (octanoic) acid, Sodium tetraborate decahydrate] were added to the list. Most of the pesticides that were added to the list contain active ingredients that were already allowed for use in marijuana production.
Some pesticides are labeled for application to soil or to crop plants, while some pesticides are labeled for application to both soil and crop plants (e.g., insecticides, fungicides). Other pesticides include herbicides labeled for direct application to, and control of, unwanted plants (i.e., weeds). Remember to read, understand, and comply with all applicable label directions and precautions when using any pesticide.
- AG DE-CIDE, EPA Reg. No. 7655-1-71074
- DESPOT SNAIL & SLUG BAIT, EPA Reg. No. 67702-33-7001
- ESPOMA INSECT!, EPA Reg. No. 67702-35-83598
- ESPOMA ORGANIC BRAND INSECT CONTROL, EPA Reg. No. 67702-35-83598
- ESPOMA ORGANIC BRAND INSECT SOAP, EPA Reg. No. 67702-21-83598
- FINALSAN HERBICIDAL SOAP, EPA Reg. No. 67702-8
- GRANADA 5, EPA Reg. No. 81803-6-93161
- GREEN GOBBLER 20% VINEGAR WEED KILLER, EPA Reg. No. 85208-1-93489
- HOMEPLATE, EPA Reg. No. 67702-54
- MERUS 3.0, EPA Reg. No. 8329-108
- PREV-AM, EPA Reg. No. 72662-3
- SAFER BRAND CATERPILLAR KILLER FOR TREES SHRUBS AND VEGETABLES CONCENTRATE II, EPA Reg. No. 70051-106-42697
- SLUG & SNAIL BAIT, EPA Reg. No. 67702-3-83598
- SUMMIT BIOLOGICAL CATERPILLAR & WEBWORM CONTROL, EPA Reg. No. 70051-106-6218
- THURICIDE BT CATERPILLAR CONTROL, EPA Reg. No. 70051-106-829
- SPIDER MITE CONTROL, WA Reg. No. 93752-18002
- SUPER SAFE ORGANIC INSECTICIDE & FUNGICIDE CONCENTRATE, WA Reg. No. 997940-17002
- TCC-IPM, WA Reg. No. 997020-18001
- TETRACURB ORGANIC, WA Reg. No. 8596-18001
Removed – Voluntary cancellation, or label no longer consistent with WSDA criteria
- AGRI-FOS SYSTEMIC FUNGICIDE, EPA Reg. No. 71962-1-54705
- BAYER ADVANCED NATRIA DISEASE CONTROL READY-TO-USE, EPA Reg. No. 264-1154-72155
- BONIDE LIQUID COPPER FUNGICIDE CONCENTRATE, EPA Reg. No. 67702-2-4
- BONIDE LIQUID COPPER FUNGICIDE READY TO USE, EPA Reg. No. 67702-1-4
- CAMELOT O FUNGICIDE/BACTERICIDE, EPA Reg. No. 67702-2-67690
- CONCENTRATE WORRYFREE BRAND VEGOL YEAR-ROUND PESTICIDAL OIL FOR ORGANIC GARDENING, EPA Reg. No. 67702-4-33116
- CUEVA FUNGICIDE CONCENTRATE, EPA Reg. No. 67702-2-70051
- EARTH-TONE 3N1 DISEASE CONTROL, EPA Reg. No. 67702-15-83598
- EARTH-TONE INSECTICIDAL SOAP, EPA Reg. No. 67702-21-83598
- MONTEREY LIQUID COPPER FUNGICIDE RTU, EPA Reg. No. 67702-1-54705
- READY-TO-USE RO-PEL DEER & RABBIT REPELLENT, EPA Reg. No. 8119-8-1663
- READY-TO-USE WORRYFREE GARDEN INSECT CONTROL, EPA Reg. No. 67702-6-33116
- READY-TO-USE WORRYFREE INSECTICIDAL SOAP FOR ORGANIC GARDENING, EPA Reg. No. 67702-21-33116
- SERENADE OPTIMUM, EPA Reg. No. 264-1160
- BIOLINK INSECT REPELLANT, WA Reg. No. 51517-03002
- ECOLOGIC GARDEN INSECT KILLER READY-TO-USE, WA Reg. No. 72041-14004
- ECOLOGIC HOUSEPLANT & GARDEN INSECT KILLER, WA Reg. No. 72041-14002
You can find the complete list of pesticides that are allowed for use in marijuana production, the criteria WSDA used to establish the list, and information regarding stop sales in Washington on the WSDA web site:
For information regarding the registration of pesticides and fertilizers, please contact the WSDA Pesticide and Fertilizer Registration Section.
- Phone: 360-902-2025
- Email for pesticide registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email for fertilizer registration: email@example.com
For information regarding how to comply with the pesticide label, please contact the WSDA Pesticide Compliance Program.
- Phone: 360-902-2040
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other questions, please contact your Liquor and Cannabis Board enforcement officer.